Hardisty 531ST Tourer

Lovely bike.
The Strange brakes are from the mid 90s and are actually intended for MTBs. I’m a huge fan of their unusual MTB brake levers. Here’s an old thread with some info on Strange, and featuring your brakes:
Thanks for that, I hadn't appreciated that they were part of the highly respected Strange engineering of drag racing parts - cars are another part of my life!

Would love to see an image of the their brake levers, @ferrus ,have you contacted Strange directly for any info?

I used to ride my bike from Ashington, 20 miles or so North of Byker to the original John Hardisty shop, when it was just the little shop before he bought the corner plot, and way before EBC bought the lot.

When I get home, I'll check the numbers on the frame and see if I can get in touch with Kevin Winter and see if it's one of his frames.

I knew Margaret had died, I remember reading it in the Evening Chronicle many years ago

Thanks for that, I hadn't appreciated that they were part of the highly respected Strange engineering of drag racing parts - cars are another part of my life!

Would love to see an image of the their brake levers, @ferrus ,have you contacted Strange directly for any info?
I haven’t contacted Strange no. But those reverse-pull brake levers were funky indeed!

Back