Neurodivergence in Cycling

CassidyAce

Senior Retro Guru
Oh yes, I saw a note once in an office "dear cleaners please do not tidy my desk, you'll ruin my filing system"

It tickled me just because it's so true

ADHD here. I hyper focus so much. At the moment it's bike packing. It all I can think about. All my spare (and sometimes not so spare) cash is thrown at it. Even though I know at any moment I'll suddenly become interested in vintage tractors, quantum physics or cacti! But I always return to certain things; mountain biking being one.
It also explains why I am at my happiest when I cycle alone as I can find groups difficult. Not the people, but keeping to commitments etc.

I'm both ADHD with a touch of the 'tism. Looking forward to reading this, I've noticed a theme between "bike people" and neurodivergance.

My wife recently described my autism as "Neurospicy". As a result I have started referring to those who are not neurodiverse as "Neurovanilla." It is a term I hope will catch on.

This is funny- I choose to not be medicated for lots of reasons, but I tell people it’s because I don’t want to know what it’s like to be them, I’d rather they take a pill to be able to see what it’s like to be me. They can have my brain for 12 hours. I think that would be much more fun. I call em “normies”

Latest posts

Back