1989 Muddy Fox Limited Edition 16"

This really is something a little special in the world of vintage Muddy Fox. Rare as. Building it with original parts would be an absolute mission, but in some ways it does belong on a wall !

Ill bid, but im staked atm. I’ll try my best. Would be a nice addition to the relaunch thats for sure. Whomever gets it, pls dont turn into a pub bike!

This really is something a little special in the world of vintage Muddy Fox. Rare as. Building it with original parts would be an absolute mission, but in some ways it does belong on a wall !

Ill bid, but im staked atm. I’ll try my best. Would be a nice addition to the relaunch thats for sure. Whomever gets it, pls dont turn into a pub bike!
Yes, trying to find the original MF Sugino Cranks (I think) would be a mission in itself! I suspect it will go for a reasonable price, given the interest... so I think your fears of a pub bike will not be realised... I do think it should be ridden (gently ;)) though...I would love to ! but that's up to whoever wins it of course...

As an 89 think it came with SUNTOUR XC9000 which all seems to be in the USA.....but the specs on the LTDs varied from what I've seen....I love Muddy Fox of this era for their oddball bikes.

;)

Last edited:

its screaming out to be a pub bike, those mismatched wheels and iffy crank are perfect.

Last edited:
Personally I really hope it doesn’t get to be a wall hanger. Suntour XC9000 is nice but, and don’t hate me for saying this… why not just build it with quality parts that you like and that are more or less available - then enjoy riding it? Crazy talk I know 😉

Last edited:
Not crazy talk at all....as unless its already in the parts bin or someone has an insane amount of luck the cost of putting this back to original spec would't really be economical, but definitley kitting it out with more easly avilable period correct parts would be the way to go.......

Back