2012 Charge Duster

benjabbi

Bontrager Fan
I gave this frame to a mate a few years back when he was skint and bikeless, a few months back he returned it, which I wasn't expecting. A nice surprise! 😁
I've had a few of these over the years and really like the way they ride. Not exactly sure where I'm going with it yet but thought starting a thread might give me a kick up the arse to get it going. Any ideas welcome. 👍 😁 _20240507_140430.JPG

Not that I ever would but there was an Alfine 11 version of this bike, no hanger and eccentric BB, if I were to do it I'd have to rustle up one of those. Because I know it exists and a tensioner just wouldn't do when there's a specific version available. :)

Not that I ever would but there was an Alfine 11 version of this bike, no hanger and eccentric BB, if I were to do it I'd have to rustle up one of those. Because I know it exists and a tensioner just wouldn't do when there's a specific version available. :)
Tensioner is a perfectly usable solution, but it doesn't look the greatest. There are minimal tensioners like this;

1715094663034.png

Tensioner is a perfectly usable solution, but it doesn't look the greatest. There are minimal tensioners like this;

View attachment 846869
I know, I have one exactly like that somewhere, possibly within a pentagram in the garage, keeps the evil SS thoughts away!
It's weird how a derailleur is perfectly acceptable but remove the cable and a pulley and it suddenly becomes ugly. :)

Last edited:
I know, I have one exactly like that somewhere, possibly within a pentgram in the garage, keeps the evil SS thoughts away!
It's weird how a derailleur is perfectly acceptable but remove the cable and a pulley and it suddenly becomes ugly. :)
I like sliding dropouts the best, like on the Kona Unit. That excentric bb I am not a fan of either. Other than that, ss will always look like a compromise.

Back