2012 Charge Duster

wrap it carefully in cardboard and bubble wrap.
put a big sticker on the front with my address on.
send it to me.

anything else you need to know? :)

obviously, if you are set on keeping it, rigid, 1x Or ss.

I love a Charge. No nonsense robustness at a great price.

I definitely vote for rigid. They look so right with a rigid fork. They remind me of Surly frames 💘

Drivetrain related, knowing you, I'll probably say 1x like mk suggested. I don't mind Alfine with a tensioner, but it does add a bit of drag to an already draggy setup. And you being a finely attuned machine with a penchant for the high end external setups I think you'll end up not liking it very much and surrender to 1x inevitably 😉 but with a igh it'd make a really low maintenance, solid year round all weather tank for the trails. Shame it doesn't have horizontal dropouts.

I love a Charge. No nonsense robustness at a great price.

I definitely vote for rigid. They look so right with a rigid fork. They remind me of Surly frames 💘

Drivetrain related, knowing you, I'll probably say 1x like mk suggested. I don't mind Alfine with a tensioner, but it does add a bit of drag to an already draggy setup. And you being a finely attuned machine with a penchant for the high end external setups I think you'll end up not liking it very much and surrender to 1x inevitably 😉 but with a igh it'd make a really low maintenance, solid year round all weather tank for the trails. Shame it doesn't have horizontal dropouts.
velo orange have an eccentric BB for standard BB mount designed to be used with 24mm axle cranks. just saying like. :)

when should I expect the delivery Benji? :)

velo orange have an eccentric BB for standard BB mount designed to be used with 24mm axle cranks. just saying like. :)

when should I expect the delivery Benji? :)
Trickstuff did one of those bb's, was quite clever, not much adjustment though and not at all cheap. My mate bought one and had to alter his gearing slightly for it to work. Did the job though and definitely looked 1000x better.
@novocaine Dave, let me get it out of my system and bored with it. If you still fancy it then you get first dibs. 👍 😁

Trickstuff did one of those bb's, was quite clever, not much adjustment though and not at all cheap. My mate bought one and had to alter his gearing slightly for it to work. Did the job though and definitely looked 1000x better.
@novocaine Dave, let me get it out of my system and bored with it. If you still fancy it then you get first dibs. 👍 😁
only needs to take up half a link. It's a nice solution to the SS/IGH conundrum on a vertical drop out.

get her built and enjoy, I'm just messing with you really, it would never replace the Inbred. :)

The demise of charge was sad to see. They had a few years of making brilliant, modern steel bikes at a decent price point. Switched largely to aluminium and then just disappeared. I really enjoy the charge plug I had, tiny tubed tange infinity. If it wasn't for the toe overlap I'd have kept it longer, but still loved it.

The demise of charge was sad to see. They had a few years of making brilliant, modern steel bikes at a decent price point. Switched largely to aluminium and then just disappeared. I really enjoy the charge plug I had, tiny tubed tange infinity. If it wasn't for the toe overlap I'd have kept it longer, but still loved it.
It was a shame to see them go, they made some great bikes. As well as 3 different ones of these I also had a single speed 29er that simultaneously convinced me of the benefits of big wheels and cemented my dislike of SS. If I could have added gears easily I'd probably still have it. I can't find any photos of that but here's the other one of these. 👍 😁 _20240512_164030.JPG

A little rummage around has produced a few bits to get me started. A nice Tange headset and I still have the rims and saddle from the blue build. Forks are probably the biggest thing to find, I was thinking RC-31 or maybe Exotic, then saw the pictures of the black one and think the Salsa Cromoto looks perfect so will keep an eye out for one of those.

Back