Aeronaut's DMR Trailstar

Wow 15 years, when retro builds get retro!
It's true though. In this 15 years, from none I've collated a bunch of DMR builds and parts, and similar bikes, most likely part inspired by this. It still looks great BTW! I keep toying with selling my '98 TS, or '04 Last of the batch MX24, or even my was NOS Rhythm... seeing these great builds makes me inspired for a new build on each one. 🙌
I particularly liked a small Switchback I built for OH. I sold it and built a later NOS Switchback in 18". it's not the same somehow (maybe it's stronger/stiffer, or just too nice), so i'll see if I can build the TS up similar to how it was.

Wow 15 years, when retro builds get retro!
It's true though. In this 15 years, from none I've collated a bunch of DMR builds and parts, and similar bikes, most likely part inspired by this. It still looks great BTW! I keep toying with selling my '98 TS, or '04 Last of the batch MX24, or even my was NOS Rhythm... seeing these great builds makes me inspired for a new build on each one. 🙌
I particularly liked a small Switchback I built for OH. I sold it and built a later NOS Switchback in 18". it's not the same somehow (maybe it's stronger/stiffer, or just too nice), so i'll see if I can build the TS up similar to how it was.

Thank you! 🙌
It is kinda humbling to think it has provided some inspiration over the years, however small. I mean, it is just a bike to me although one that means a lot and that i get a lot of joy out of. The process and thought put into is something that will aways be a good memory. Building is half the fun as you full well know!
If it inspires you build some of your collection then it has fullfilled itself. Don’t part with any as you may regret it as i’ve found with others that are now long gone.
I have two other Trailstar frames waiting, a one owner ‘98 and an early 97’ with bmx bb. There is something about these frames in that DMR got them just right. Can’t fault the ride at all plus they are so adaptable in how they can be built and used. They just seem to go on albeit under the radar. They surpass any trends and still have their place in the minefield.
DMR are soon coming up to celebrating 30 years of which the TS is a big part of. Just love seeing these still being built. Would be great to see yours getting some love again! 👊

I ended up having my friend make something out of 1.6mm stainless. It's more of a temporary thing just so i could ride it up bike park Wales.

I am still interested in getting a properly fabricated one when you have some made

Back