Are eBay prices nuts at the moment?

Diamant_Don

Retro Guru
This (reportedly) Harry Quinn vintage frameset just went for £1.04. :shock:

$_12.JPG

Found it too late to bid on it, but that's got to be a hell of a deal, no?

Serial/model number M2J39272

Ernie Clements / Falcon badged Quinn (Harry quinn sold his name to falcon who simply trashed the brand)...............I'd have given 50 pence for it.

Shaun

Agreed looks like a cheap gas pipe frame. But to the original question I do believe that the market is rather soft with the exception of a handful of truly rare collectible makers.

lewisfoto...

Market doesn't seem to be soft for 70's classic stuff (which is my era), seems everyone wants a slice of nostalgia !

Shaun

12-13 years ago on ebay, old 531 frames went for a fiver.

The fixie boom circa 2003-present inflated the prices.

Lucky escape there, then! If I'd had more time I think I might have bid - always fancied a Harry Quinn. Thanks all.

Spokesmann":2hzj325d said:
Arrgggghh, I hate theat term 'gas pipe'.

As a relative noob with more enthusiasm than knowledge, I need to know this - what, in the photo above - gives away the 'gas pipe'?

Re:

To me, the two main things would be the pressed steel drop outs on the rear, and the seat cluster lugs.

Pressed steel drop outs on any bike after the 1960s almost certainly = cheap.

The seat post lug seems to be flat across the top, rather than curved down at the sides (see photo).

I don't actually have any idea why this is a sign of a cheaper frameset/tubing, it just know that it's a fairly good indicator of relative quality.

Attachments

• photo23.jpg
    photo23.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 350
Back