BoTM Bike of The Month November 2023 - "Rider Special" now taking entries

Bike of The Month
Jam_SWorks 1996/97 Bianchi XL Mega Pro - Titanium.

Oh I think this month is much more fitting for my Bianchi Titanium. Not sure if I can enter consecutively? Happy to remove if so.

Ridden very regularly, often in multiple annual charity rides (70mile events) and even cheekily entered the Scottish SXC in July 2019 for a laugh. Was my backup StrathPuffer bike in 2020. Spends more time dirty than clean. And yes the Bianchi does fit inside the Lotus passenger seat 🤣👍

View attachment 794187
View attachment 794184
Nice bike stand, even with a shelf for accessories.

Jam_SWorks 1996/97 Bianchi XL Mega Pro - Titanium.

Oh I think this month is much more fitting for my Bianchi Titanium. Not sure if I can enter consecutively? Happy to remove if so.

Ridden very regularly, often in multiple annual charity rides (70mile events) and even cheekily entered the Scottish SXC in July 2019 for a laugh. Was my backup StrathPuffer bike in 2020. Spends more time dirty than clean. And yes the Bianchi does fit inside the Lotus passenger seat 🤣👍

View attachment 794187
View attachment 794184

I need to see the bike in the car, I’ve tried a couple of times and not been able squeeze one in the passenger seat of mine!?

retro roy's 1986 brodie #115

View attachment 793268

I was thinking of entering my brodie in kid carrier mode, until I saw this one. No competition of which one is cooler.

Woodsie’s 1988 Rocky Mountain Avalanche
I spent the afternoon pedalling around trying to locate the spot where this photo was taken for the 1989 Rocky Mountain catalogue (which was in B&W). The colour image (below) was featured as a thumbnail in the 1991 catalogue which is why it’s not very clear. But you get the idea. It was a fun adventure. I have posted the B&W version below plus the recreated photo in B&W. Yes that's 4 photos but only two are pictures of the entry! The other two are just supplemental and designed to add to the overall experience of the days adventure in the spirit of this month's theme :)
IMG_8390.jpeg IMG_8672.png

Last edited:
Naaaahhh!! I pay a lot of attention to safety!
It has a very....stable Renak coaster brake....which most of the time....ermm...from time to time...decelerates very well....errm I mean...sufficiently.
Sometimes it locks up completely, you can never say for sure. I think it's down to me and my braking technique...
Nexus 3 all I have to say. One of the best modulating coaster brakes ever made. I find that SA/Sachs has a tendency to either lock or excessive slippage. I also quite like the cheapo velosteel ones but you need to rebuild the hubs straight away as they're often poorly set up

Nexus 3 all I have to say. One of the best modulating coaster brakes ever made. I find that SA/Sachs has a tendency to either lock or excessive slippage. I also quite like the cheapo velosteel ones but you need to rebuild the hubs straight away as they're often poorly set up
I'll have a look, thanks brother.

Back