Sold Brodie Energy Frameset. Small 14”. Great quality kid’s retro. Price drop.

Bum. Someone buy this quick, now I've seen it, I can't unsee it, and I'm starting to realise why I don't like coming back to this place occasionally... 😂
Absolutely beautiful little bike...

Hi, do you know what the head angle is when built?

Not sure; the calatogues only list the angles for the built to order frames (Sovereign, Expresso), and for the 14” frame that’s 70.5. if you get your protractor app on the pic below, I’d say that’s about right for the Energy too.

IMG_0467.png

hey, maybe some more pictures help to show the size and geometry.

i had one too, ~ 1998 model, bought in good condition
_2.JPG
and done a build for my oldest son a bit ago.
20210428_143108.jpg
20210428_140840b.jpg
I've changed to a bit longer stem, and maybe i would use a more subtle wheel set now, but overall it was a nice a decent kids bike, in that trim 10,5Kg, whit a more lightweight wheelset certainly <10kg would be possible.

Good luck with the sales.

Last edited:
Thanks, (I dig those wheels and I bet your son did). These frames really do make a good entry into proper bike territory. The frame with BB, seat collar and head cups weighs a bit over 2kg.

Bugger, I was umming and aahing about the full package, as I fancied the forks for a build I have, the rest would have been useful for a project for my son but it's going to be too large for a few years.

Didn't think the forks alone would be an option.

I'd take them and have a go at getting them going if they are available.

Last edited:
Slightly odd question, but could I possibly have a sideways on pic of the rigid forks, please, presuming they're not straight blade?

Back