Titanium bottle cages

China is a huge export market for us Danes and one day it'll all come back to bite us in the arse, Scandinavian comfort was largely achieved by piggybacking imperialist ventures anyway and when it comes to actual entrepreneurship and innovations we are about as useful as a fish in the Olympic 100m

🤔 - Personally think it can boil down to what is exported / imported. If it's say a luxury handbag to pamper to the needs of the growing Chinese middle class, I see no issue (despite it being later copied to hell domestically and sold off either domestically or even internationally).

Something of high technology (aeronautics, semi-conductor tooling, telecom, optics, etc. etc.) will need a bit more consideration rather than an immediate short term game (which we tend to favour to please share-holders). Things related to intellectual property and even education is worthy of being re-considered too. I'm generally very anti such things, but still think there is enough evidence to be prudent.

🤔 - Personally think it can boil down to what is exported / imported. If it's say a luxury handbag to pamper to the needs of the growing Chinese middle class, I see no issue (despite it being later copied to hell domestically and sold off either domestically or even internationally).

Something of high technology (aeronautics, semi-conductor tooling, telecom, optics, etc. etc.) will need a bit more consideration rather than an immediate short term game (which we tend to favour to please share-holders). Things related to intellectual property and even education is worthy of being re-considered too. I'm generally very anti such things, but still think there is enough evidence to be prudent.
My concern is the reliance on China as a meat Importer, the Danish agricultural industry is already in horrible shape and has survived primarily due to EU grants, at the end of the day a full reform of industrial agriculture in Denmark to serve the nation with little profitial incentive would be the only right call, but that ain't happening.

Reactions: Woz
My concern is the reliance on China as a meat Importer, the Danish agricultural industry is already in horrible shape and has survived primarily due to EU grants, at the end of the day a full reform of industrial agriculture in Denmark to serve the nation with little profitial incentive would be the only right call, but that ain't happening.
You need to stop eating meat. It's terrible for you and is planet destroyingly catastrophic. It irks me that i am forced to subsidise meat and dairy production through my taxes.
Vegetarian since 1986. Vegan since 2017.

Hard to argue with that.
I only eat wild meat. As I can’t bring myself to kill anything these days that means roadkill… ‘feathers-in-the-air’ fresh roadkill, probably only once a year.
No problem with omnivoreism, just Factory Farming (lot of personal experience) and it’s apparent impact on the planet, though I’m not yet entirely convinced about that..(?)

Last edited:

There is an increasing body of research suggesting that going plant-based can dramatically reduce greenhouse gas emissions - some studies suggest by 70%.

You need to stop eating meat. It's terrible for you and is planet destroyingly catastrophic. It irks me that i am forced to subsidise meat and dairy production through my taxes.
Vegetarian since 1986. Vegan since 2017.
What do you think is going to happen to all that animal farming land if it were to stop?
It'll likely get urbanised, that's what. Is that what you want? More people?

I disagree that "meat is terrible for you".

What do you think is going to happen to all that animal farming land if it were to stop?
It'll likely get urbanised, that's what. Is that what you want? More people?

I disagree that "meat is terrible for you".

Hmm. Something of a logical fallacy there. More people is not the only possible outcome. What about rewilding, forestry, preservation of natural areas for tourism, carbon sequestration etc etc?

They are nice bottle cages. Unethical though. Cheap to you and me except that we'll all be paying their true cost in the long run.

Back